When I can no longer create anything, I’ll be done for. – Coco Chanel
Bonjour and happy rainy Monday DCers!
Today we’re gathering our tools for setting the stage to create. As you know, everything we do, say, or even wear is an opportunity to be creative and you are the artist of your unique design called life. No pressure! To ensure creativity on a moment’s notice, here are a few of my favorite tips:
1. Carry a journal with you at all times to record random musings and ideas.
2. Collect chic stationery and cards to craft thoughtful “thinking of you” notes on-the-fly.
3. Create a creativity basket filled with glue sticks, watercolors, stickers, construction paper, ribbons, paint, remnant fabric, and markers nearby for creative playdates.
4. Have your sewing machine (or creative accoutrement) out on a table for easy access rather than collecting dust in the closet.
5. Keep your cupboards stocked with easy entertaining supplies such as damask-print cloth napkins, frozen hors d’oeuvres
, soy candles, chocolate truffles, and organic wine to ensure a last minute gathering leaves a creative impression.
6. Tote your digital camera around to snap inspiration when you pass it.
7. Start a blog and share your oh-so-unique voice with the world.
8. Use your body to express your creativity through dance.
The world is our oasis when searching for tools to assist with our creative process. Find inspiration in the world around you – notice the blooming petunias, stop to pet a puppy, enjoy the presentation of food at your favorite restaurant, bask in the sound of the symphony. Life offers one creative experience after the other. Delight in its offerings.Omwork (homework with a yogic twist)
: Set up a special space at home – a nook in your kitchen, corner of your living room, or even a shelf in your closet – to ensure you have the space you need to make your creative dreams a reality.