hello from a starbucks in austin. being away from the computer for 3 days led to oodles of backlog, but thank goodness my new beloved iphone kept me in the loop! j'adore my iphone.
above are photos from yesterday's adventure in san antonio
including 2 book events topped with meeting a few beloved TranquiliT shoppers (note sally in lower left photo donning sky pieces) and tranquilista
here is the clip from friday's tv interview
where we chatted about all things tranquil.
beau and i spent the weekend with my aunt and uncle in hill country sipping vino, sitting in the creek, checking in constantly on sir louis at camp parents, and answering oodles of emails back hOMe. in addition we got to spend time with a dear family who i've known since birth - my mum's best friend from grade school. always nice to have people in your life who have known you for so long. they brought photos of my donning cole haan shoes, kakhi skirt, chambray shirt, huge blond perm, and overly tall bangs. those *were* the days. thank gawd they are gone!
have been pondering a fun blog post titled "if i ruled the world
." here are a few ideas for it:
- the smell of lavender would be everywhere
- there would be no obesity (BIG problem here in texas) or ill health
- cows, pigs, chicken, turkeys, duck, turtles - everything would roam free
- neighbors would know each other
- we would all practice non-violent communication
- there would be no poverty
- political parties would have compassion for each others' views
- we would spend at least as much time exercising as watching tv
- women's studies and social work would be required classes in university
- so would traveling/studying abroad
- education would be required and free (not sure who pays for it but hey, i'm dreaming BIG)
- there would be no animal abuse of any kind
- eco-fashion would be the norm
- fast food would be organic, fresh, and local
- soda fountains would distribute fair trade teas, not coke
- women would hold numerous positions of power - as many, if not more, than men
- mid-day naps would be a must in law firms, corporations, non-profits, schools and more!
ok, a few far-fetched ideas, but they felt good writing. what if *you* ruled the world?
off to austin book signing!
kimberly (wants to change the world)