Welcome to the 198th edition of Tranquility du Jour: A Guide to Bringing Tranquility to your Every Day
. Today’s show features upcOMing happenings and musings on India with Darren Main.
Workshops + Retreats
: Consider joining moi
* our seasonal Tranquilology Teleclass
on Monday, September 20
* my latest e-course The Tranquility Project
launches September 22
* a Tranquilista
book event in NYC (deets to cOMe)
* Tranquil Space Foundation's 4th Annual Celebration
on Thursday, October 14
* a Yoga Retreat in India November 12-21
* a "New Year, New You Urban Retreat" in DC on January 8, 2011
* 2 workshops at Montreal's Centre Luna Yoga on April 9, 2011
* a "Yoga, Creativity + Tranquility Lifestyle Retreat" at a Farmhouse in NY October 14-16, 2011. All the details here.
Featured Tranquilisto: Darren Main
Darren Main is a yoga and meditation instructor and author. His books include Yoga and the Path of the Urban Mystic
, Spiritual Journeys along the Yellow Brick Road
, Inner Tranquility
and Hearts and Minds: Talking to Christians about Homosexuality
He facilitates workshops and gives talks on yoga and modern spirituality throughout the United States and abroad and is the director of the Yoga Tree Teacher Training Program. He currently lives in San Francisco.Savvy Sources:
Ponder praying in India at sOMe point on your journey.
is a line of layers in rayon made from organic bamboo. Locally sewn with 150 trees planted each month. Featured piece
: long sleeve wrap tunic. J'adore
fall. Top with tall boots, arm warmers, leg warmers, scarves = yummy!Stay Au Courant:
Let's be Facebook
for daily sprinkles of tranquility.
Watch Tranquility du Jour TV
Browse Hip Tranquil Chick
Join the Tranquility du Jour museletter
Connect on our Facebook
Join Tranquilista's like page
: To close out the show, we’re playing Om Namah Shivaya by Dave Dale & Nadaji
. You can learn more about their music at whiteswanrecords.com
- You don't need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click on the player at the top of the post or click here
to listen to older episodes
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast Alley
- Do you have iTunes? Click here
and subscribe to the podcast. You'll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it's available
- Do you use another podcatcher? Use this link
for the podcast RSS feed.
- Interested in starting a podcast for yourself, your organization or your business?
Check out nineball media.