“I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex.” --Oscar Wilde



These past few years, there's been a large movement towards simplicity. People are finding that less equals more in regards to time and happiness. The same is true for pleasure – the simple things are often the most pleasurable and bring about the most joy.



About a month ago I went to a Friday movie matinee. I don't go to a lot of movies and on this particular day I had a list of to-dos and a plan for the day. When I got out of bed that morning I decided to toss my schedule out the door and indulge in a change of pace. A few hours later I left the movie feeling happy and rejuvenated.



The price tag of my late morning/early afternoon of pleasure? Six dollars.



Many of my favorite simple pleasures don't cost a thing – like hiking in the woods or settling into a tub of hot bath water and bubbles by candlelight or sitting out on the deck with my Kindle in one hand and a glass of water with a thick lemon wedge in the other or browsing through my local bookstore.



What are you favorite simple pleasures? Do you enjoy sleeping in on a cloudy Saturday morning? Or maybe you enjoy cuddling with your favorite furry pet. If you need a little inspiration in the simple pleasure area, check out this list of the 30 most satisfying simple pleasures life has to offer and 75 simple pleasures to brighten your day.





Now that you you have your simple pleasure juices flowing, make a list of your favorites. Now go to your calendar and schedule a few into you day. Try adding a few simple pleasures into one day. Sprinkling these simple pleasures throughout the day reminds you to invite pleasure into your day – regardless of how busy it is or whether or not it's not going so well for you at the moment.





Have a pleasure-filled day,

Diane





Diane Cesa is a yoga practitioner and teacher, lover of life, tea drinker, adventurer, eternal optimist, nature fan, blogger and self-proclaimed pleasure maven.

posted by kimberly wilson
Free Website Counter