musings from recovery ward chez moi

Tuesday, March 30, 2010


pecking away at keyboard with one hand while other rests in sling. forgive short sentences and abbreviated thoughts.

during the past few days my beloved gramma has returned to ER (note her on cell phone chatting with me while mum and pops look on), mum got a knee replacement, and i've been spending lots of time in bed. ahhh!

beau snapped the shot of me geared up in my surgery ensemble. not my most flattering look.

doctor went in to remove bone spur but found the dreaded rotator cuff tear that didn't show on MRI. longer recovery, but happier shoulder!

what i've learned:
- family means the world
- getting sick from anesthesia strengthens your abs (mine actually hurt like i just did pilates)
- pets love to use my shoulder to leap on headboard
- snail mail notes, emails, and online shout-outs are great perk-me-ups
- when it rains, sometimes it pours (all us ladies fell apart at same time)
- cats are intuitive (when in need bonnard would always come check on me and stayed close. sir louis was most concerned with how my handicap affected his food intake)
- TranquiliT long sleeve wrap tunic is perfect recovery piece (wraps beautifully over sling)
- ordering new "pewter princess" sling made me smile
- i don't like drugs. too harsh on my system.
- heart cici's gorgeous petals from last week's teleclass done in pastels!
- slowing down is very hard on me - especially pecking away with one hand at the keyboard.
- flowers make me smile
- a bath full of LUSH's easter bombs is just as yummy with a sling
- the sound of spring rain is pure bliss
- i have some super talented readers. got some amazing goody bags while bedridden - one with 2 gogeous necklaces (photo to come).
- beau is the most patient soul ever. received texts asking for more pills (need 2 hands to open child-proof bottles), cries for ginger ale, pleas for emails to handle, and even drove me to school on monday. give the boy a medal!
- my tranquilista e-course girls are rocking their mindfulness, yoga, morning rituals, and visual journals. SO proud!
- i cannot wait to rock my new shoulder!

xx,
kimberly
posted by kimberly wilson
Free Website Counter